Saturday, June 21, 2008

New Coldplay Album

Coldplay released a new album, called "Viva La Vida". I've always been a fan of Coldplay, I like emotional, catchy, sometimes melancholical tunes with alot of feeling and poetry in it. I liked singing with the songs, learning the lyrics. How much their music touched me and meant for me emotionally I all too well realised after Karen broke up with me.

As their last Album, "X&Y" was released, we were still together and it was during a hard time in my work-life where she and Coldplay were the things that gave me the strength I needed.

Now it's 3 years later and they have another album out, and I think I'm ready to start listening to Coldplay again. So I got the album and just listened through it one time. I'm still alittle undecided what to think of it. It's definitely Coldplay, and I would think it's pure and without compromises. The songs are all good and not mainstream. They all show the usual determination and deep emotions... it's what makes their songs so enjoyable when you are in the right mood and connect happy thoughts and memories with em - and so tough when you are in a completely different emotional state.

Right now while writing this, I have the first "song" (more an instrumental) running in a loop. I immediately fell in love with this short little tune called "Life In Technicolor". The rest of the album is alittle different than that song though, not too fast, drum and beat-oriented... something I have to admit I did like alot about older songs and wouldn't have minded hearing again on this album.

But perhaps I just need to listen to it alittle more to learn to love it even more... or maybe I simply lack the right emotional state... or someone special to enjoy it with...
image taken from and © www.amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment