Saturday, June 21, 2008

I knew it! They still got it!

So they did it! And I can proudly say I didn't doubt they would. The german soccer team defeated Portugal, one of the favorites of the tournament and now they themselves are favorites for the title suddenly.

And what a victory it was! I believed they would win the match, but I thought even if they got better than they have been the last two games, they still would need luck. But what they showed us was incredible! They played amazingly! With so much passion, joy and sovereignty! It was so much fun just watching them play... combinating, rushing, forcing forward... and scoring goal after goal! 3 of them!

The match got tight in the end again, but they were victorious in the end - and they absolutely deserved to win! The portugese were good, but we were better!


Man of the match was Sebastian Schweinsteiger, who scored one goal and assisted on the other two. You could see he was hot and eager to compensate for getting that red penalty card 2 games ago. But it wasn't him alone who played exceptionally, it was the whole team. Actually, I wouldn't even call it exceptional since that implies they were playing above their skill limits... which is definitely not true. Ever since the world cup 2 years ago, all of Germany knows what these guys are capable of. And in this match, they simply reminded the whole country: "Yeah, we still have what it takes! We're still that good!"

... I'm glad I didn't doubt them. And after that game, I know noone else will - even if they shouldn't win the title. Thank you, guys!

picture taken from and © www.spiegel.de

No comments:

Post a Comment