Friday, June 13, 2008

It's my fault!

... or "my curse with public viewing". Today I went to the "E-Werk" to enjoy Germany's second match of the European Championship. The weather was great, not too hot, I had awesome places right in front of the screen, I had beer... but there wasn't much to enjoy because Germany lost. And I had to think back to what I was joking about with my dad today as I called him: that I hope I won't bring as much back luck during my first public-viewing session as he did when he went to a public-viewing event during the World Championship 2 years ago. Back then, the only match my dad view on the big screen outside was actually the one and only match that Germany lost.. against Italy in the semi-finals. And perhaps this defeat today was my fault...


I got quite upset today - which surprised me myself. But I think what hit me hardest was that we actually deserved to lose! Our team didn't play well at all and seemed weak and without will. If it was an unlucky defeat, I'm ok with that. It can happen a lot in soccer that the better team still loses. But today, Germany wasn't the better team and they were lucky to "only" lose 1:2.

Oh well, good news is: nothing is lost yet. We have to win the next game against Austria to advance into the semi-finals. And what I also liked: There were quite a few Croatian fans in the city celebrating after the game and it was peaceful between them and the German fans. It's all cool, it's just a game after all.

but still sucks if your team loses...

No comments:

Post a Comment