Friday, September 19, 2008

Top Gear

I'm by far no car-enthusiast. Well, I'm a guy and thus cars do have some fascination of course but I never been interested too much in cars - I don't even own one. Never have.

That doesn't mean however that I don't like the Formula one or similar events. And if I get to drive, I like driving fast and sportive. And even though I'm not too much into very realistic driving-games, I like the action-packed ones - as long as they are fast and give you a nice impression of speed, like the "Burnout"-series or the recently released "Grid".

So a while ago, a friend sent me a link to online-streams of a british tv-show called "Top Gear". And I loved it! I also remembered another friend mentioning stuff from that show too. I love the way the show is designed. The moderator-trio with their teasing is very entertaining and funny - and it doesn't matter to me how much of it is staged or not.

And what's surely not staged is the guys' genuine love for what they are doing - you can't fake that, not for 11 seasons - and the honesty they show when testing cars or taking sides in discussions. It's the kind of attitude you easily are missing these days in many aspects of (work-)life. Sometimes I wish people would simply say what they mean and really think, no matter if it's "politically correct" or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment