Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rant: No online order status information

It's time for a rant now. And I created an additional category for that even, because I know more will follow.

I do rant at times. I'm not someone takes things too seriously. And I don't go overboard if I should get angry - ok, unless it concerns comp stuff not working correctly, I can become a monster then - but nevertheless I wanna write about things that annoy me, simply because I think it's unneccessary and can be done better.

Anyway, this rant is about companies that simply don't inform their customers at all about the status of their orders. Can it be that hard to simply keep customers updated about when they can expect their delivery? When it was processed or sent out? I understand that there can be delays or availability-shortages, that's fine. But: I wanna know! And without having to contact them first!

Kudos to Amazon! They are best-practice when it comes to that! I order quite a bit there and most of the deliveries were really fast and on time. And I was always informed about the few that weren't, even if it was just a delay of one or two days. Those mails are automatically sent out I'm sure, but that's all I'm asking for.

I had bad experiences with other companies where I ordered stuff and waited for a week or more hoping for my ordered items to arrive. And when I contacted them, I got told "Sorry, there are availability-problems." Is it that hard to tell me that right away? I also had companies before that didn't answer my contact e-mails at all!

Well, so much for my rant. As I said, I really don't ask for too much. I won't make a scene right away just because a delivery is alittle late. I'm quite tolerant, but I hate being left in the dark - especially when I'm looking forward to the ordered stuff, what I usually do.

I will always favor Amazon in the future, simply because I have had no bad experiences yet. Perfect record, and that after so many deliveries, even from the US or the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment