Thursday, May 29, 2008

Indiana Jones 4 - good as ever

Ok, since my last post was more about the "Sex and the City" premiere than about the movie I actually watched that night, I thought I better write about that one too.

I've always been a huge Indiana Jones fan - but only when they feature the one, true Indy: Harrison Ford. I love the first 3 movies and the adventure-games by LucasArts are still among my all-time favorites! I don't think I ever finished a SCUMMTM based click-and-point adventure as often as "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis". I still had wished they would've used the storyline from that game for the 4th movie - because that game had a storyline worthy of a movie!

Anyway, I'm drifting off. I don't want this to be a real movie-critic, there are more than enough sites out there who focus on that and have "trained professionals" to write the reviews. I just wanna say how I liked the movie and what impression it left on me.

I think the movie was great. I read alot online about how it has too little plot, is too fast-paced. But I can't share these views. I've been watching the old Indiana Jones as I was young and then later as I grew older - and today I watched the latest movie and it still felt like the old ones. There are a lot of action-sequences, yes but it was the same in the old movies too. And why not have aliens in there? It's not more unrealistic than having the lost ark kill Nazi's with "god's wrath" or having heart being ripped out of ppl's chests and still staying alive... So all in all, the movie felt like a real Indiana Jones movie to me. And despite the age, Harrison Ford still is the good old Indiana, especially when he's running from something or taking hits and being beaten badly, he still looks just like 20 years ago.

Go Indy, go!

picture taken from and probably © www.moviegod.de

No comments:

Post a Comment