Monday, May 19, 2008

games I'm looking forward to

In the past I used to be more hyper about games coming out that I wanted. Maybe it's because I haven't been playing games too much recently. But there are a few new titles coming out that I'm quite eager to get


Ninja Gaiden 2

No big surprise since I've always been a big fan of the series ever since I played the first one on the good old Xbox. From the footage I've seen so far, nothing much got changed but rather everything revamped on the newer hardware. Which isn't neccessarily a bad thing. Don't change anything that's working well, and since the first one was pretty flawless in my eyes, I don't see much they could've done better... to be honest, I can't see how the graphics can even be much better. But maybe it's like with many older games: you remember them to look better than they actually do once you look at them again when you are used to the next generation of consoles.

Grid

More surprising is my interest in Grid, a racing simulation with amazing graphics and a physics-engine to behold! I'm usually not into racing-simulations, especially not when they are too realistic - I love Burnout, I never played PGR. But the game looks quite amazing and like it would also be fun for me. I know my friend will get it anyway, I'll probably try it out then and see if I want to get it myself.

Update: The demo is now available even for non gold-members on Xbox Live, so I'm gonna use that to see if I'll like the game.

1 comment:

  1. After playing the demo of Grid, I was surprised how much I liked it! The feeling of it is just awesome! Great physics-engine makes you really "feel" the surrounding. And with realism turned down to max, I think it's arcade-style enough for even me to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete