Tuesday, July 22, 2008

there's always something

Ok, today was the day when I was official supposed to get my defect iPhone replaced. To not much of a surprise, I didn't get it. After all the bad news concerning the availability-problems everywhere due to the huge demand, I am really worried by now that I might not be able to get an iPhone anytime soon. One news-entry even stated that it might take as long as october (!) until new iPhones are available again.

The biggest problem for me is not to be without my iPhone, but rather that I simply don't know when I'll get it at all! It really makes me nervous and very impatient. I feel helpless, and hoping day by day won't do any good...

The thing that annoys me most about this is that I actually was just fast enough to get an iPhone! The day it came out I was in the store and lucky enough to get their last one! I even signed a new contract with a different provider for it and that even though my old contract still has to run out. I was willing to pay extra to have the iPhone as soon as possible, and now if I have bad luck, I might not even have one until my old contract ran out anyway! What a waste of money, time and nerves...

Tomorrow if I don't get my promised iPhone, I'll pay my provider a visit and ask for the status of the repair/replacement. I fear I already know what they will tell me: "sorry, but we can't say for sure when there will be any new iPhones available". Which sucks worse in my case, since I already had one and now I have to wait neverthless! If a possible new customer interested in the iPhone comes to the store and hears these news, he/she will decide to simply wait... but I already got the contract now but no phone! What a stupid situation! Couldn't have been plotted any meaner! Someone up there must not like me... there's always something not working right away with the things I get. Something is always wrong or needs tweaking and takes time for me to set up correctly and to bugfix. But hardware-errors like the one of my iPhone are out of my powers.

I got one last hope though: Since my old iPhone did work ok and just had an annoying display-error that definitely should be fixed, I could still ask to have it back until they have replacement devices available. It's not that unreasonable for me to ask for that, since the only reason I got the contract was to use it with an iPhone... and not to be without one for like 3 months! I might aswell retreat from the new contract again and re-apply once new iPhones are available again. Will save me money... money I'm not willing to pay if I don't get anything from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment