Wednesday, July 23, 2008

iGotItBack!

I actually got my iPhone back today! Yay! Or to be more exact: I got a replacement, since the other one had a hardware-defect. I thought so already, since I doubted they would actually bother trying to repair something that delicate. Much cheaper to send out a new one instead. The display works fine now and I really hope it'll stay like that. Next up I will be buying a few things for the iPhone: a docking-station (if it's actually available now) and a protective coating of some sort for the display. If the display actually works now, the last thing I would want is that the display itself would get scratched or damaged physically from the outside. I'm not too careful with my electronic gadgets and I know I'll carry the iPhone around alot. My old phone didn't get a single scratch during the last 1 1/2 years of intense use, but I fear Murphy's Law too much to try the same stunt with my iPhone.

One big question remains: To jailbreak or not to jailbreak? Those who know me can probably imagine I'm always curious and I love open, free software. But I have to admit that for now, I have all the functionality and applications that I need atm... and after this last incident, I rather not void my warranty...

No comments:

Post a Comment