Friday, May 23, 2008

D&D final boss pwned!

Yesterday we fought the boss-mob of our current D&D adventure. It was an interesting fight indeed, mainly because of two reasons:

1. The fight was way too easy for us and we owned the mob totally

2. The things we had to do in order to get the mob to appear were more troublesome than slaying the guy afterwards.

The thing that I liked most was that I felt really useful and had an easy time playing out my character's evilness. By luring a poor child as bait and by torturing her and getting her killed. Then I was the one to use the special stone/spell to bind the entity to our plane. And what's even better: without me, the fight might've been alot harder, everyone agreed on that afterwards. My haste-spell already is the alltime-favorite for everyone in the group, and as I even manged to finally use my highest-level Necro-spell "Enervation" to de-level the bossmob by 3 levels, that guy was a piece of cake!

And as always in D&D, it all could've gone very very different. The boss casted a silence-spell right at the start and I made the saving-throw! Without me being able to cast, this would've been a really tough fight for us all - and a quite boring and annoying one for me.

But of course, it was not just my doing that we finished the mob off. Everyone did their share, but it simply felt good to feel so useful - and very powerful! Casters might seem weak, especially on lower levels but I can slowly see how this is about to change now... I'm becoming more powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment